You probably know that modafinil is a drug that can efficiently treat excessive sleepiness caused by shift work sleep disorder, narcolepsy and sleep apnea among other conditions.
However, it is not stimulants as other drugs people commonly use for these issues, but more of a wakefulness-promoting agent, that affects natural substances in our brain that control wakefulness and sleep.
Remember that there are many vendors that have great options if someone wants to buy provigil online for a great price, which is why you check the link we shared with you. It comes in form of tablets that you take by mouth. In most cases, you should use it once a day, in the morning or one hour before the shift, with or without food. In case you are using it to treat OSAHS and narcolepsy, you will need to take it in the morning.
On the other hand, for treating shift work sleep disorder, you need to take it one hour before the work shift so that you can reduce the sleepiness along the way. It is vital to take it at the same time every single day so that you can improve its efficiency.
In case that your shift does not begin at the same time every day, you should contact your doctor and follow the directions you get from prescription, and if you do not understand something, ask a doctor.
Since it can decrease your sleepiness, you should have in mind that you will be able to use it as a wakefulness-promoting agent, but it cannot cure your sleeping disorders but only fight the severe symptoms.
Of course, you should not overdo it since getting enough sleep is indispensable for a healthy individual, which is why you should not avoid sleeping by consuming this particular drug.
Things You Should Do Before Taking Modafinil
- Tell your pharmacist or doctor in case that you are allergic to some compound such as armodafinil, modafinil or any other medication so that he/she can determine whether you should use it or not.
- Tell your doctor about prescription meds that you regularly consume as well as herbal supplements that you consume. Some medications can interact with modafinil, so you have to be sure to tell about everything that you regularly consume because doctor will decide to change your medication based on your current therapy.
- Always tell if you tend to drink alcohol regularly or chronically and if you used illegal drugs and misused prescription meds. At the same time, if you have issues with the heart such as irregular heartbeat and chest pain after taking modafinil, or if you have high blood pressure, had heart attack or other mental problems such as mania, depression, and psychosis.
- Remember that consuming modafinil will decrease the efficiency of hormonal contraceptives, which is why you should take another form of birth control during the consumption of modafinil, and start making the regular therapy one month after you stop with modafinil.
- You should tell your physician if you’re pregnant or planning to become pregnant, or if you’re breastfeeding because the drug can interfere with your overall health as well as baby’s which is why you should do it only if doctor tells you and not by yourself.
- Tell your doctor if you had or need to have surgery, including the dental one, because modafinil may react with anesthetic your dentist will give you to numb the area for treating.
- Remember that modafinil may affect your thinking and judgment, and it may not affect the sleepiness based on the severity of your disorder. Therefore, we recommend you to avoid driving car and operate machinery until you get used to drugs and learn how they affect you in general. If you have avoided handling dangerous activities and driving due to severe sleep disorder, do not start driving until you can say that you are entirely concentrated and more alert than before.
- Avoid drinking alcohol while consuming modafinil because it may increase the possibility of side effects, reduce its effectiveness, and in large quantities, and it may cause blackouts.
Check here and you can understand everything about modafinil and its uses.
Remember that modafinil can cause some side effects, so you should talk with your physician if you experience them so that you can change the medication or do something about it.
The common side effects include:
- Difficulty falling asleep
- Loss of appetite
On the other hand, have in mind that some side effects can be problematic and serious, which is why you should contact your doctor as soon as you notice:
- Mouth sores
- Peeling skin
Understand more about intoxication by visiting this link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_drug_intoxication.
It is vital to keep the medication in a container and it should always be tightly closed and out of reach of children because it can lead to intoxication. We recommend you to store it at room temperature and protect it against excess moisture and heat.
You should store it in a safe area where no one will be able to use it on purpose or accidentally. Always be aware of how many tablets you have so that you can avoid misusing.
If you do not need medications, you should dispose of them by following particular ways that will ensure that other people, as well as children and pets, cannot consume them afterward.
Avoid flushing them in the toilet, and instead, you should use take-back program for disposing it.
Therefore, the idea is to talk with your local pharmacist and contact-recycling department that will help you reach a place where you can dispose of the medication safely and without strings attached.
You have to keep the drugs out of reach and sight of children since the pills are not child-resistant so everyone can open them with ease. If you wish to protect your young ones from intoxication, you should always lock caps and place them away in safe location.