What is the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the phrase “Botox injections?” That it is something that helps in reducing the signs of old age on somebody’s face, right? Did you know that Arlington Botox doesn’t just help with wrinkles and fine lines, but can also be very useful in medical conditions? If you are somebody who associates Botox with just aesthetic uses, this article is going to expand the horizons of your knowledge, as we have discussed some amazing medical uses of Botox here.
What is Botox?
It is a drug which uses a bacteria called botulinum toxin to withhold some facial nerves from receiving the brain signals so that they can relax and thus give the desired results.
Medical conditions it can help in
There are several medical issues that it can help with; let’s have a look.
- Cervical dystonia: It is a condition which is also known as spasmodic torticollis. It causes the neck muscles to contract involuntarily which results in twisting or turning of the head to one side. It can also move your neck in the forward or backward direction and you don’t have control over it. It is a very painful condition and Botox injections are used to treat it.
- Excessive sweating: Many people have this condition called hyperhidrosis which leads them to sweat more than usual even when the temperature is not hot or they are not even exercising. It has been found that Botox helps rectify this condition.
- Eye-related issues: Studies show that Botox injections help treat a lazy eye which is a result of disbalance in the muscles. It also helps with eye twitching.
- Migraine: It is a problem which causes severe headaches and if you have migraine episodes very frequently, doctors often use Botox to reduce the frequency of occurring headaches.
- Bladder dysfunction: There are some people who have an overactive bladder, and it causes inconsistencies with normal urination, Botox injections are often used to manage this problem.
- Muscle contractures: There are some conditions like cerebral palsy which is caused due to an imbalance in the nerves. These conditions can cause the muscles of the limbs to pull towards the centre of the body and it makes you feel uncomfortable, Botox injections are said to be helpful in such conditions.
Botox injections have many uses and are an important technology in the field of medical sciences.