Are you diligent in keeping your teeth and mouth clean, but still have problems with bad breath? If you don’t have a chronic illness, it could be the cause of your bad breath is the food or drink you consume. What are the foods that cause bad breath? Read this article to find out what foods cause bad breath and how to deal with them
Garlic and onions
The aroma of garlic and onions can last a long time after you eat them. Apart from being left in the mouth, the sulfur compounds from onions will be absorbed by the bloodstream and the smell can come out again through the breath and skin pores. One way to get rid of the smell of onions in the mouth is by brushing your teeth properly and correctly every morning and night accompanied by gargling with mouthwash, but how to deal with the smell of sulfur compounds from onions that have been absorbed by the blood?
Some foods have been used as a way to get rid of the smell of onions in the mouth and from the body.
- Apple. A study states that eating whole apples can eliminate the smell of garlic in the mouth and sweat.
- Mint leaves. Mint contains phenolic compounds which can also get rid of garlic odor in the mouth and body.
- Unripe lettuce.
The smell of dogfruit
Dogfruit is one of the most well-known causes of bad breath, especially in Indonesia where dogfruit is a common food ingredient. Like onions, this very distinctive smell of dogfruit is also caused by sulfur compounds. If you are a fan of dogfruit and want to know how to get rid of dogfruit smell in your mouth, here are some tips:
- Consume dogfruit that has been processed first, for example by boiling it first. This treatment can reduce the sulfur content in the dogfruit, which causes bad breath.
- Drinking milk. One way to get rid of the smell of dogfruit in the mouth is to drink milk with a high fat content, because fat can neutralize odors.
- Apples and mint leaves. These foods are also great as a way to get rid of bad breath after eating dogfruit for the same reason that they are able to neutralize the smell of onions.
The smell of stink bean in the mouth
Like dogfruit, stink beans are also a very popular Indonesian food ingredient. But even though they taste delicious, stink beans leave a bad smell in the mouth. For how to get rid of stink bean odors, you can practice the ways to get rid of dogfruit smells above.
Apart from the above foods, there are other drinks and foods that cause bad breath, such as coffee and alcohol which cause dry mouth and eventually cause bad breath, as well as some types of seafood.
Keep your breath fresh
In addition to the methods above, here are general tips to keep your breath fresh after consuming foods or drinks that have the potential to leave a smell:
- Brushing teeth in the morning after breakfast and before going to bed at night.
- Drink lots of water at least 8 glasses a day. Water will flush out food residue and at the same time increase the production of saliva in the mouth which functions as a self-cleansing.
If the smell or smell of bad breath persists, it might be a good idea to take a steel bite pro Supplement to keep your breath fresh and your teeth clean white.