Every woman sooner or later wonders how to lose weight during menopause. The climacteric represents one of the stages of growing up and development. In general, this is another transitional stage in life, but it is experienced by a woman much more difficult. A menopausal period, as it is, means the restructuring of a woman’s body under the influence of changes in her hormonal status, while she loses her reproductive function. The ovaries cease to function actively and the level of female sex hormones decreases, especially, estrogen. A striking manifestation of menopause, according to which a woman can understand that she has entered this period of her life, is the cessation of menstruation. In fact, with the disappearance of the menstrual cycle, a woman loses her ability to reproduce.
Perimenopause (the initial phase) is accompanied by very unpleasant symptoms for many women. There is increased sweating, hot flashes, anxiety and much more. But, the most important thing that is a real disaster for women during menopause is weight gain. Often, they think about how to lose weight during menopause and regain the fit shape of the body.
How To Lose Menopause Weight
To lose weight after menopause, a patient has to take under control her daily meals and the level of physical activity. Well, how to lose weight in menopause? Try to keep up with the following tips:
- First of all, a woman who has entered menopause needs to reduce the calorie intake of food. On average, for weight loss to be noticeable, it is enough to get 1700 kcal per day. here are two ways to reduce calories:
- Reduce the portion eaten at one meal.
- Replace some high-calorie foods with low-calorie ones.
- One, who thinks about how to lose weight after menopause naturally, should refuse fast, fried, salty and fatty foods. It is also necessary to reduce the number of sweets consumed. You need to eat more fruits and vegetables: they will improve your appearance, improve bowel function and enhance the mood.
- Everyone who is considering how to lose weight during menopause should remember that in no case should you starve yourself. This can further harm your health. Constant malnutrition will further inhibit the metabolism, and a lack of vitamins and minerals will lead to the development of diseases. Especially dangerous is the lack of calcium in the body of a woman. With its deficiency, osteoporosis develops. Therefore, in the daily diet of women should be present foods containing a sufficient amount of calcium.
In addition to the diet, a complex of vitamins and minerals should be taken daily, since it is not always possible to dial a daily dose of a specific vitamin or mineral with just with food for those women who want to know how to lose weight during menopause fast.
- Weight loss with menopause will be more successful if along with changes in nutrition, a woman will do some physical exercises. They should include both cardio training and strength training. It is also recommended to spend more time outdoors.