Acne is a prevalent skin issue that occurs when hair follicles are clogged with oil or from dead skin cells. It causes blackheads or pimples. Acne is the most common condition among teenagers, although its effects are visible in people of all ages.
Pimples heal slowly, and when they begin to disappear, others seem to pop up. Depending on the severity, acne can also cause emotional distress and scar on the skin.
Yonkers acne treatment specialists can help treat acne using non-invasive methods and guide you about the tricks and tips to prevent acne.
Earlier to start the treatment, the lower the risk of having such a condition.
- Retinoids like drugs- Curing moderate acne drugs that contain retinoic acid and tretinoin is more often used. These come as gels and lotion. Applying this medication three times a week prevents the plugging of hair follicles.
- Antibiotics- Taking antibiotics will help kill the excess skin bacteria and reduce inflammation and redness on the skin. By taking retinoic acid-containing drugs along with antibiotics will reduce the development of resistance from antibiotics.
- Azelaic acid- Using azelaic acid during pregnancy or breastfeeding will help manage discoloration that occurs during acne. Azelaic acid also helps in preventing clogged hair follicles and is available in face wash products.
- Dapsone- Recommending to apply dapsone twice a day will be beneficial during inflammatory acne, especially in women.
- Anti-androgen agents- This medication is preferable for women and adolescent girls if oral medication isn’t helping. This method works by blocking the effect of androgen on the oil-producing glands.
- Isotretinoin- A derivative of vitamin A prescribed for those people who have moderate or severe acne.
- Light therapy- A variety of light treatments are used to get rid of acne. Multiple light therapy has shown success in removing acne.
- Chemical peel- This method is used to treat mild acne to improve the appearance of the skin. This method is not long-lasting, and the person needs to repeat this treatment.
- Extraction- The doctor will use special instruments to remove the blackheads and whiteheads that haven’t disappeared with topical medication.
- Steroid injections- This is a rapid method of removing acne by injecting a steroid drug into acne. This therapy will decrease pain and improve the skin.
- Home remedies- Applying the combination of honey and cinnamon on the face exerts antibacterial properties helps the body in fighting the bacteria causing acne.
Also, applying tea tree oil which contains anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties, helps in treating acne. Early acne treatment can prevent future scarring and give a promising result.