One of the features that people will notice when you smile is your teeth. Some factors such as stained and broken teeth will affect your dental outlook and lower your confidence levels. Your Hilliard veneers specialists are ready to help restore the appearance of your teeth and self-esteem.
What are dental veneers?
Veneers are thin coverings made from composite or porcelain material and bonded on the surface of your teeth using dental cement. Dental veneers made using porcelain material have several pros, which include:
· They have a natural tooth appearance
· Porcelain veneers do not stain
· Gums do not react to porcelain
· They last for a long time
· Porcelain veneers are strong
Your dental specialist at Innovative Dental Ideas will use veneers to cover dental imperfections like:
· Broken or chipped teeth
· Teeth with space between them
· Stained or discolored teeth
· Worn out teeth
· Teeth that are unevenly shaped and misaligned
Before applying the dental veneers, your dentist will discuss the drawbacks associated with veneers. These include:
· Your tooth will become sensitive to hot or cold food because of the enamel removal.
· Veneers, once placed, cannot be reversed.
· Your dentist may need to change the natural structure of your tooth before mounting the veneers.
· The color of veneers may not accurately match those of your teeth.
· Dental veneers are not eligible for people with gum disease and tooth decay.
· Veneers can chip or crack if you grind or clench your teeth.
· Your dental veneers may fall off.
Procedure for getting veneers
To get your dental veneers, you will need to schedule an appointment to consult with your dental specialist. During your first visit, your dentist will ensure that you qualify to get veneers by making sure:
· Your gums are healthy.
· You do not clench or grind your teeth because this will break veneers.
You will let your specialist be aware of the outcome you desire to achieve. Your dentist will show you the before and after pictures of patients who have installed veneers. You can ask your dentist any question that you may have concerning dental veneers.
During the day of the procedure at Innovative Dental Ideas, your dentist will scrape off a small amount of enamel from your tooth to make space for the veneer to fit and create a veneer impression from the enamel.
Your dentist will take the impression to the lab to help make permanent veneers.
Your dentist will prepare temporary veneers for you and select a shade that closely matches the color of your teeth as you wait for the permanent ones.
When the permanent veneers are ready, your dental specialist will apply gel to dissolve minerals from the top of your tooth to create a bumpy surface that allows firm attachment of the veneer to the tooth.
Your dental specialist will use a beam of light to cement the veneers on your tooth. The dental veneers will be firmly attached to your tooth within a few minutes.
Post care for veneers
Your dentist will need you to observe some instructions that include:
· Rinse your mouth every day using mouthwash to prevent tooth decay
· Avoid smoking
· Only drink small amounts of coffee, black tea, and wine because they cause staining.
· Wear a nightguard to prevent your veneers from wearing out
· Brush your teeth two times daily and floss
· Visit your dentist regularly for check-ups
Do not be unhappy with the appearance of your teeth. Visit your dentist at Innovative Dental Ideas to cover your stained or broken tooth using veneers. Reserve a session and get a dental revamp.