Not only bodybuilders, but strength training is also important for anyone of all ages. Various health benefits can be felt, including for people with arthritis and heart disease.
To start the exercise, it is recommended to do it gradually so that the body can adapt. To reduce the risk of injury, it is recommended to learn good strength training techniques for your body’s condition. And, don’t forget to warm up before starting the exercise. If necessary, do sports at Gav Coop Fitness.
Gav Coop Fitness can provide evidence-based on Exercise Management to help create an ideal body. Gav Coop Fitness is also the best Exercise Physiologist Brisbane.
The benefits can be obtained from Strength Training
Strength training will improve overall body health and vitality to support daily activities. Including improving blood circulation, increasing metabolism and organ function, reducing the risk of injury, increasing bone density, forming joints and muscles becoming stronger.
Besides, other benefits of strength training for physical and mental health include:
- Maintain body flexibility and balance.
- Improve posture, control body weight and increase muscle mass.
- It helps prevent and reduce cognitive decline in old age.
- Prevent and reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease, arthritis, diabetes, depression, back pain, and obesity.
- Sleep more soundly to avoid insomnia.
- Increase self-confidence and improve mood.
Do it routinely
Strength training should be done about twice per week. However, not every day. Give a gap at least two days, before doing strength training again.
This exercise can be done at the fitness center or your home with simple equipment. Just keep in mind, before doing strength training, you must first warm-up in the form of brisk walking or other warm-up movements for 5-10 minutes to avoid injury.
Here are some strength exercises that can be done:
- Strength training without the help of tools that can be done at home including sit-ups, push-ups, pull-ups, crunches, and squats. In sit-up exercises, for example, although it does not specifically burn fat in the stomach, the benefits of sit-ups are not only able to train the strength of the abdominal muscles, even the chest, hips, and neck.
- Weight training can be an option. Because, in addition to being able to increase muscle strength, weight training can also increase bone density and expel fat in the body if balanced with aerobic exercise. As for weight lifting exercises that can be an option include lifting barbells and dumbbells.
- Complete exercise with a healthy lifestyle, balanced nutritional intake, adequate fluid requirements, and adequate rest. Do exercise regularly, with a combination of variations in the type of exercise in each session.